Apple Spiced Fudge Cups
by SARAH KAY | November 1, 2018
Bite-sized and simple, these Apple Spiced Fudge Cups contain just 5 ingredients yet are filled with a sweet, delightful flavor.
Making Bite-Sized Apple Spiced Fudge Cups
There are many different ways for making bite-sized cups, but almost always a mini cupcake pan is critical to their tiny success.
Simply combine all 5 ingredients, pour the mixture into the muffin liners, freeze for at least 30 minutes and enjoy.
5-Ingredients for Apple Spiced Fudge Cups
The 5 ingredients you’ll need for Apple Spiced Fudge Cups success are:
1. Apples. Autumn’s signature fruit, Apples are high in fiber, vitamin C and various antioxidants.
2. Elmhurst Milked Hazelnuts ™. Hazelnuts are part of the richness and flavor of life. This recipe uses 1 cup Milked Hazelnuts, providing an irresistibly creamy texture, with a subtle chocolate undertone, and 4 grams of protein per glass. These qualities make it perfect for this recipe.
3. Coconut oil. The coconut oil is what gives this recipe its “fudge-like” texture. Coconut oil is liquid whenever it is above 75 degrees F. Below that, it will become a solid fat. For this reason, you make the recipe by melting the coconut oil; when it freezes, it helps the cups form together. (Note: for this reason, they cannot remain out of the freezer for very long or they will melt.)
4. Maple syrup. Maple syrup is commonly used during the fall season. It’s a natural sweetener that helps boost the apple flavor of this slightly sweetened treat.
5. Cinnamon. To add a little hint of spiciness, these bites are infused with cinnamon. Cinnamon gives the recipe that last touch of fall warmth that can be enjoyed all year long.
Eating the Apple Spiced Fudge Cups all on their own is a moment of indulgence, but to add your own customized topping, try drizzling peanut butter, caramel, or another topping of choice.
Apple Spiced Fudge Cups
Click HERE to save this recipe for later.
1 cup apples, chopped
1 cup Elmhurst Milked Hazelnuts
½ cup coconut oil, melted
3 Tbsp maple syrup
2 tsp cinnamon
Peanut butter, caramel or other topping of choice, as desired
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Chop 1 cup of apples and toss in coconut oil.
3. Spread the apples on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes.
4. Once the apples have cooled, add them and the rest of ingredients to a blender.
5. Blend until completely combined.
6. Pour mixture into mini muffin pan.
7. Freeze for 30-35 minutes.
8. Remove from freezer.
9. If desired, drizzle with peanut butter, caramel or other topping of choice.
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES
When you purchase 6 or more Elmhurst Milked varieties, shipping is free.