Vegan Sweet Potato Protein Brownies
These brownies deliver a 1-2 punch of flavor and nutrition for a tasty post-workout or anytime treat. We know what you’re thinking – do they taste like sweet potatoes? Nope, the flavor here is 100% brownie goodness, but they’re packed with protein, fiber, antioxidants and vitamins to help you refuel. Pair with a glass of plant milk and enjoy!
- • 2 cups Cooked & Mashed Sweet Potato, (about 2 medium sweet potatoes)
- • ⅓ cup Elmhurst® Unsweetened Almond Milk
- • ⅓ cup Vegan Chocolate Protein Powder
- • ½ cup Flour or Oat Flour
- • ¼ cup Unsweetened Cocoa or Cacao Powder
- • 2 Flax Eggs (2 tbsp Ground Flax, ¼ cup+1 tbsp almond milk or water)
- • ⅓ cup Natural Peanut Butter or Almond Butter
- • 3 tbsp Maple Syrup
- • 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Optional – ⅓ cup Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips
- Cook your sweet potatoes in the microwave or oven. Microwave: Rinse & prick the skin of your potatoes with a fork, then microwave for 5-6 minutes on high, flipping halfway through. Oven: Bake whole at 400F for about 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350F and grease or line an 8x8-inch baking pan.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and mash in a large bowl or food processor until smooth. Add the almond milk and fold in your remaining ingredients. Mix until well combined - the batter will be thick.
- Spread batter into your prepared baking pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out almost clean from the center.
- Let the brownies cool completely in the pan before slicing so they fully firm up. If cut too soon, they may break apart.