Vegan Whole Wheat Banana Bread Muffins
- ½ Cup Elmhurst Unsweetened Milked Walnuts™
- 2 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 ½ cups Ripe Bananas, mashed
- ½ cup Maple Syrup
- ½ Cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Powdered sugar (sub powdered coconut sugar)
- 2 Tbsp. Elmhurst Unsweetened Milked Walnuts™
- 1 Tbsp. Maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
**Other Optional Toppings: A whole banana sliced in half length-wise, vegan chocolate chips, or chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease your desired pans. In a small bowl, whisk together Elmhurst Unsweetened Walnut Milk and apple cider vinegar and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine mashed bananas, sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla. Add in the walnut milk mixture and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon to your batter stirring gently until just combined.
- Transfer your batter into a muffin tin or loaf pan and add any toppings. For muffins: Bake 12-15 minutes until the top turns a golden brown. For a loaf: Bake for about 1 hour or until top is golden and a toothpick or knife comes out clean.