Classic Vegan Mac and Cheese
- 1 cup Elmhurst 1925 Unsweetened Milked Cashews™
- 1/2 cups Hearty Vegetable Stock
- 3 cups Pasta, uncooked
- 1 cup Vegan Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup Vegan Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tsp. Granulated Garlic
- 1 Tsp. Granulated Onion
- 1 Tsp. Ground Mustard
- Cook pasta al dente, according to package instructions. Usually about 6-8 minutes in boiling salted water. Drain, cool and set aside.
- Blend together cashew milk and vegetable stock and bring to a simmer. Slowly incorporate cheeses and whisk until blended together.
- Remove from heat and add in the spices and nutritional yeast. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer pasta to a baking dish and fold in cheese sauce until completely coated.
- Top with additional cheese shreds and pop under the broiler, watching until cheese has melted and browned.