Introducing our New Maple Walnut Barista Edition
We’re excited to announce that our new Maple Walnut Barista Edition has arrived! Crafted with whole walnuts and real maple syrup, our newest member of the Elmhurst Barista Series is the perfect complement to any coffee routine.
If you love making your own tasty coffee creations at home, this barista-approved plant based milk is for you. Perfected with the help of professional baristas, our Maple Walnut Barista Edition steams and froths perfectly for dairy-free lattes, cappuccinos, cold foam and more.
Coffee lovers - get ready to enjoy this smooth and creamy new favorite. Warm, inviting notes of sweet maple and toasty walnuts help add a touch of decadence to any roast or blend without the added gums or fillers you’ll find in other nut milks.
From the Pros - Barista Tips for the Perfect Cup:
- Chill It - To get the best froth & the creamiest texture, make sure to chill our Maple Walnut Barista before getting started. Heating it for too long or getting the milk too hot can start to break down that velvety goodness you’re looking for.
Shake, Shake, Shake - Because we don’t add gums, oils or other fillers, our plant milks may naturally separate. As long as you shake well before use, you’ll be good to go!
For the best shake with a brand new carton - open it first to break the seal, then close it back up until the cap is snug before shaking well.
- Get Creative - Don’t be afraid to try new roasts or blends, mixing in your favorite extracts or spices, adding a drizzle of dairy free chocolate or caramel, or flavors that might surprise you like blueberry or even orange! Need a little inspo? Keep reading for a recipe to help get you started.
Real Ingredients = Lattes with Real Benefits
By starting with whole walnuts and real maple syrup to make our Maple Walnut Barista Edition, you get more natural benefits to help you start everyday off on the right foot.
Let’s break down the nutritional benefits of walnut milk:
- Helps support brain and heart health with 43% of your daily recommended servings of the good fat omega-3 ALA.1
- Walnuts have more protective antioxidants than any other popular nut variety2
- Walnuts are also rich in polyphenols (micronutrients found in plants) which have strong anti-inflammatory properties and help prevent the development of some cancers.3,4,5
With our unique HydroRelease™ method, we’re able to capture more of the walnut’s natural nutrition, so you get more good stuff in every sip.
To learn more about the benefits of walnut milk, check out this “All About Walnut Milk” blog for the ins and outs of this delicious plant based milk.
The Difference Between our Plant Milks, Barista Editions & Creamers
Elmhurst’s family of barista-approved plant based milk options include pistachio milk, cashew milk, oat milk, almond milk and now maple walnut milk - all made specifically for hot coffee, iced coffee or tea.
Because coffee is naturally acidic, some of our milks don’t mix well with it and you might see some separation. We solved this with our Barista Edition plant based milks - without using gums or oils like you’ll find with other brands.
What makes our barista plant milks different from our plant based coffee creamers is mainly how you’d use them. Our creamers are more concentrated, so you only need a little to add some big flavor to your coffee or tea. Our Barista Editions are great for making cafe-style drinks like lattes or cappuccinos where the ratio of milk compared to coffee is higher.
These milks are perfectly balanced to deliver the creaminess you want without overpowering your favorite coffee or tea - and still delivering real nutrition with the simplest ingredients.
Vegan Cinnamon Maple Walnut Latte
Looking to switch up your routine & craft the perfect dairy free latte at home? Check out this recipe to try our new Maple Walnut Barista Edition!
- • ¾ cup Elmhurst Maple Walnut Barista Edition
- • 1/3 cup freshly brewed Coffee
- • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- • A pinch of Sea Salt
- • 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- While your coffee is brewing, heat the Maple Walnut Barista Edition in a saucepan to a simmer, or in a milk frother with a heat setting.
- If heating on the stove - once warmed, use a hand frother or whisk vigorously until you get your desired level of froth
- In a mug, combine coffee, vanilla, sea salt and cinnamon
- Top with your frothed maple walnut milk and an extra dash of cinnamon & enjoy!
Add our brand new Maple Walnut Barista Edition to your cart now so you can start making new, fun, and delicious at-home coffee creations!