How to Make a Delicious Dairy-Free Apple Pie Spice Smoothie
How to Make Dairy-Free Smoothies
The secret to making dairy-free smoothies is that there is no secret! If you see a smoothie recipe you love but it contains milk, just swap it for Plant Milk! Cashew Milk is renowned for looking and behaving like dairy milk, while Oat Milk is also great for getting a smooth and creamy finish every time.
Are Dairy-Free Smoothies Healthier?
It depends on where you get your Plant Milk from!
If you’re choosing Elmhurst, the answer is yes! That’s because our unique HydroRelease® Method retains all the nutrients from the nuts or oats we use to make our tasty Plant Milks. And there are no hidden ingredients like gums or thickeners, either.
Now, what were we saying about reasons to indulge?
4 Reasons to Spoil Yourself with an Apple Pie Smoothie This Fall
1. Our Apple Pie Spice Blend is Still Packed with Plant-Based Nutrition
You can make a fantastic dairy-free apple pie smoothie with our Apple Pie Spice Blend. This incredible seasonal Plant Milk combines Cashew Milk with Whole Grain Oats and a handful of other natural ingredients to bring that warm and welcoming apple pie spice flavor to your smoothies.
And because this plant milk and the other ingredients we've included in the recipe are simple & healthy, you can use it whether you want to use your smoothie as a healthy dessert or even a breakfast treat!
2. You Can Enjoy Apple Spice-Inspired Nostalgia
Okay, so you probably haven’t been enjoying apple pie for over 300 years yourself, but generations of your family might have.
Most importantly, we’re pretty sure you have memories of sharing apple pie with loved ones throughout the fall at Thanksgiving, and during the holidays. Our Apple Pie Spice Blend and smoothie recipe will bring all those memories flooding back. Why not enjoy a drink while going through an old-school photo album?
3. Fall Flavors are Especially Cozy and Familiar
Whether it’s a pumpkin spice latte, pumpkin pie, apple pie, or something else, the flavors of the fall are cozy and familiar, keeping us feeling cozy while temperatures outside start to drop.
4. It’s Delicious!
We could really have put this as the first reason, written “mic drop,” and not given you any more reasons to indulge yourself. Delicious typically tends to win in the end!!
And when you can enjoy a smoothie that’s both healthy and delicious, why wouldn’t you?
Now, onto the real reason why you’re here: how you make this specially-spiced, uniquely healthy smoothie!
Full Dairy-Free Apple Pie Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup of Elmhurst Apple Pie Spice Blend
- 1 apple, cored & chopped – no need to remove the skin!
- ½ frozen banana
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
- handful of ice
- Extra cinnamon for sprinkling. Nutmeg, ginger, or cardamom are also amazing spices to go with apple pie if you prefer these. You can even experiment with swapping the cinnamon in the recipe for these, too!
- ½ Tbsp flax seeds, hemp hearts or chia seeds for some extra healthy fats and to make this smoothie even thicker. But remember, we've made our Apple Pie Spice Blend using Cashew Milk and Oat Milk already, so your apple pie smoothie will already be super creamy!
- Take your smoothie to the next level with even more toppings like granola, chopped apple, or even a drizzle of your favorite nut butter!
- Add our Elmhurst Apple Pie Spice Blend and all other ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- For a thicker smoothie, try starting with half of your apple spice blend, adding a little at a time until you get your desired consistency. You can also bump up the chopped apples too!
- Grab your favorite glass & enjoy the festive flavors of fall!
Enjoy This Amazing Apple Spice Flavor & Similar Spices All Year Round!
If you’re making apple spice smoothies outside of the fall season and can’t get your hands on our delicious Apple Pie Spice Blend, swap it for your favorite Elmhurst Plant Milk – our Unsweetened Cashew, Almond, or Oat Milks work brilliantly – and get creative with your spices to create a distinctive apple spice flavor all year round.