12 Ways to Simplify Your Life in 2019
When perfecting the Elmhurst® products, we believe and take the approach that simpler (6 ingredients or less) is better (up to 4x more nuts per serving).
If this is the same approach you’re trying to make and take for your life in 2019, then these 12 ways to simply your life in 2019 were made for you.
12 Ways to Simplify Your Life in 2019
1. Disconnect. Vow to make 2019 the year that you have less screen and phone time. It could be as simple as turning it all off for 15 minutes a day. You could also set a goal to read 1-2 books per month instead of spending time scrolling. To get the most out of this, consider reading any one of these 5 books to help inspire a simpler life.
2. Engage in a decluttering challenge. 40 bags in 40 days is a forty-day period where you declutter one area a day. The goal is to fill one bag daily. However, you can have more or less. Upon finishing this challenge, you will have fewer things and more space.
3. Choose fewer ingredients. Less is more, especially when it comes to the food we eat. Vow to choose products and make meals with simpler ingredients this year. Decide that 2019 will be the year you choose less ingredients; more nutrition. Your overall health will thank you. Get some recipe ideas that contain 5 ingredients or less HERE..
4. Entertain fewer commitments. It’s far too easy to say ‘yes’, even when we know it will create more chaos in our lives. Try saying ‘no’ to more things in 2019 and only make commitments to and for the things that align with your 2019 goals.
5. Organize files. If your home or work office is filled with too much paper clutter, clean it up. Organize files so you can find them easier or (better yet) convert all that paper to electronic files and store them digitally.
6. Shopping ban. Take a shopping ban challenge and limit yourself to only buying the absolute necessities for a period of time. You could do it for as long as a year like one woman did or even just a week or two to dip your toes into your world of consuming less.
7. Own the morning. Mark Twain once said, “Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.” In other words, by starting the morning with your most difficult task, everything else should feel easier. Grab THESE 3-simple steps for owning the morning.
8. Eat slowly. We have been programmed to cook fast and eat on-the-go while never stopping to think about where our food came from or why we’re eating it in the first place. Eating slowly will challenge all of that.
9. Create systems and routines. If you have specific systems and routines in place for your everyday life, then everyday tasks will be far easier. For example, hang your car keys in the exact same spot each time you walk into the house. Then, you’ll never be frantically looking for them when you’re trying to rush out for work the next day. Or decide to pay all bills on a specific day of each month. If a workout routine is important to you, try to stay consistent by choosing the same days/times for each week.
10. Clean out your fridge and freezer. Choosing the simplest, healthiest meals starts with a fridge and freezer you can easily navigate. If you need a little inspiration, check out Simple #FridgeGoals.
11. Downsize. Maybe in order to simplify, you just need less all around. A smaller car? A smaller house? Fewer credit cards? Whatever you have in excess, consider reducing. There is so much beauty found in simple spaces.
12. Single-task. Make 2019 the year you finally say, “Multi-tasking is overrated.” When you are intentional about one thing at a time, the input is less stressful; the output more meaningful.
By simplifying your life in 2019, you’ll ultimately be making more room for the things that are truly important to you; time, people, and belongings.
If it’s not important, get rid of it.
Because simpler really is better.
Which of these 12 ways to simplify your life in 2019 is your favorite?