MINI KEY LIME PIES
A few things are certain about summer – among them sun, fun, and key lime pies.
Ingredients and Directions
- 100 gr vegan wholegrain graham crackers
- 1/2 cup almond flakes
- 3 Tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 cup ripe avocado
- 1/3 cup maple/agave syrup
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp lime zest
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup Elmhurst Milked Cashews™
- 1/2 cup vegan whipped cream
- 1/2 small lime, thinly sliced, for topping
- To make the crust, place the graham crackers and almond flakes in a food processor and process until you get a fine crumb.
- Add in the melted butter and process until combined, the crumb should stick together when you press it between two fingers.
- Prepare a mini-muffin pan by placing parchment paper in the slots so that the pies are easier to remove.
- Scoop the crust mixture into the slots, about 1-2 tbsp for each, pressing down with fingers or the bottom of a small glass so that it is very compact.
- Place in the freezer for 10 minutes to firm.
- Make the filling by placing the soaked cashews, avocado, syrup, lime juice and zest, coconut oil and cashew milk in a food processor or blender and blend until very smooth.
- Pour on top of the crust and place in the freezer for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready, pipe vegan whipped cream on top of each mini pie of garnish with a slice of lime. Best kept in the freezer or fridge (for a softer texture).
Write Your Own Review