Curried Pumpkin Apple Bisque
Sarah Hoffman | November 16, 2018
The Elmhurst Milked Almonds™ , in conjunction with the broth, apple, and pumpkin, gives this soup all the body and flavor desired from any Curried Pumpkin Apple Bisque.
6 cups hearty vegetable broth
3 cups apple, peeled, seeded, chopped
2 cups Elmhurst Milked AlmondsTM
2 cups onion, diced
2 pounds pumpkin, peeled, seeded, and diced
1/2 cup olive oil
5 Tbsp curry powder
2 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1. In a large pot, warm the oil over medium heat. Add the pumpkin and onion, and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Add the spices to the pot and then stir together.
3. Next add the vegetable stock and bring it to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cover while allowing it to cook for about 10 minutes.
4. Add the chopped apples and continue to simmer for an additional 10 minutes or until all the vegetables are very tender.
5. Transfer to a large bowl. Using an immersion blender, puree the vegetables until a thick, smooth consistency is reached.
6. Transfer back to the pot, add in Elmhurst Milked AlmondsTM and cook for an additional 5 minutes until heated through.
7. Serve hot and enjoy.
Yield: 8-10 Servings
Serving size: approx. 4 oz.