Vegan Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles
When we hear the word ‘truffles’, we automatically think of rich and creamy bites of chocolate goodness and these Vegan Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles do not disappoint.
Made with just 4 simple ingredients and in just 4 easy steps, they’re a great way to add a hand-crafted touch to any gift or to make any occasion feel a little more special.
Don’t have any hazelnuts in your pantry? Feel free to get creative with these. Coat them in chopped peanuts, coconut, or even simply just dust with the cocoa and enjoy them the way you want to.
You can also prep the chocolate mixture the night before for quick assembly the next day. Simply pull it out of the fridge, scoop, roll and enjoy! But be warned - they’re even easier to eat than they are to make.
- 2 cups Elmhurst® Milked Hazelnuts™
- 3 cups Vegan Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup Hazelnuts – chopped
- In a medium-sized sauce pot, combine the hazelnut milk and vegan dark chocolate chips over low heat. Whisk together to a smooth consistency.
- Place the mixture into a shallow pan to cool quickly and place in cooler for about 1 hour till firm.
- Form into balls using a melon baller or tablespoon measurer. If the truffle mixture begins to melt, place it in the refrigerator or you can also place in the freezer to cool quicker.
- Roll the truffle in the chopped hazelnuts and dust with cocoa powder. Place back in the fridge for 10 minutes to set, serve chilled and enjoy!
Ready to try this recipe for yourself? Be sure to tag us at @elmhurst1925 or use the hashtag #ElmhurstRecipes if you do!