Vegan Cashew Eggnog
A Vegan Eggnog that’s slightly sweetened and extra creamy, perfect for the holiday season. Getting the right consistency without the use of any animal products is achieved by using a combination of Elmhurst Unsweetened Cashew Milk and the Medjool Dates. This recipe can be enjoyed with or without alcohol. It’s so good that you won’t even remember what the original eggnog tasted like.
- 4 cups Elmhurst Unsweetened Cashew Milk
- ½ cup (4-5 ea.) Medjool Dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp turmeric, for coloring
- 1/8th tsp ground cloves
- 4 oz Brandy or Light Rum, optional
- In a food processor or blender combine Elmhurst Unsweetened Cashew Milk, the dates, vanilla extract and spices.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. You may add more cashew milk for a smoother texture.
- Serve chilled or heat slightly on stove until warm and enjoy.
Yield: 4 Servings
Serving size: approx. 8 oz.