Pumpkin Maple Pancakes
This Pumpkin Maple Pancakes recipe proves that you can make incredibly delicious (and fluffy) pancakes without the use of eggs or dairy. We want you to enjoy pancakes the simpler, better way, so today we’re giving you one of the best Vegan pancake recipes we’ve ever created.
WHAT IS THE SECRET TO FLUFFY, VEGAN PANCAKES?
A common question is: “If eggs and dairy are removed from pancakes, how can they still taste incredible and have that classic, fluffy texture?”
The answer is that it almost entirely comes down to the baking powder. It is no mistake that there is 1 Tbsp of baking powder in this recipe. The baking powder (in combination with letting the batter sit 5-10 minutes before cooking) will do the trick.
HOW CAN YOU MAKE VEGAN PANCAKES WITHOUT USING OIL IN THE BATTER?
Most pancake recipes use oil, but we decided to skip it. Oil can be replaced by things like applesauce, mashed bananas, pumpkin, baby food pears, and other fruit purees.
Since the leaves were turning colors and cooler air surrounded us, we chose to go with the pumpkin and turn these pancakes into Pumpkin Maple Pancakes.
The final ingredient added to the pancakes that shaped them perfectly without using any eggs or dairy was the <Elmhurst Unsweetened Cashew Milk. Like the recipe itself, this cashew milk is as real as it gets, with just two ingredients – water and cashews – worth of plant-based nutrition, and up to 5x as many nuts as other leading brands.
Oftentimes, without the use of eggs and dairy, sugar gets infused into a recipe. We kept the added sugars as simple as they come by only adding the necessary light brown sugar for true pancake flavor enhancement. There is no need to add sugar where sugar is not needed. Just pure, simple and delicious ingredients.
PUMPKIN MAPLE PANCAKES
- 2 ½ cups Elmhurst Unsweetened Cashew Milk
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 ½ cups whole wheat flour (can substitute for 1-to-1 gluten free baking flour if desired)
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 4 Tbsp Earth Balance Vegan Margarine, melted (for pan or griddle)
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup
- 4 Tbsp chopped pecans
- In a large bowl combine Elmhurst Unsweetened Cashew Milk, pumpkin purée, and vanilla extract. Whisk together until ingredients are blended together and smooth. Set aside for later use.
- In a separate bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. With a rubber spatula fold in the wet and dry ingredients, then let sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Over medium heat, ladle about ¼ cup of the batter onto hot griddle. When the batter starts to bubble, flip and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Serve with maple syrup and chopped pecans.
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES
Click HERE for all your fall food and beverage inspiration.
When you purchase 6 or more Elmhurst Milked varieties, shipping is free.