Golden Girl Latte
Besides its beautiful color, the Golden Girl Latte will leave you feeling refreshed and energized despite the lack of caffeine.
This warming latte contains notes of turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg; spices which are sure to both warm and calm your days.
The Golden Girl Latte is a play on the popular Golden Milk Latte which uses no dairy milk and a combination of the yellow spice turmeric and other warm spices. Mercola calls these “magical” ingredients and lists some of the following benefits associated with them: lower inflammation and blood sugar levels, enhanced wound healing, and improved cholesterol levels.
A Golden Milk Latte can be made (in the most simplistic way) with non-dairy milk and turmeric, or it can be made with additional spices and a sweetener for something extra.
This Golden Girl Latte combines some of the finest, and most flavorful, spices in a Golden Milk Latte including: ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Its flavor is enhanced with a little sweetener and vanilla.
The Elmhurst Unsweetened Milked Cashews™ forms the base to this latte; simple, unsweetened, yet full of flavor and body. This cashew milk is as real as it gets, with just two ingredients – water and cashews – worth of plant-based nutrition, and up to 5x as many nuts as other leading brands.
Probably the best part of the Golden Girl Latte is the beautiful color it produces; golden and vibrant. If you test the recipe out, you’ll see it firsthand. When you share it on Instagram, be sure to tag us @Elmhurst1925 and/or #SimplerBetter.
- 4 Cups Elmhurst Unsweetened Cashew Milk
- 3 Tbsp agave nectar (can substitute maple syrup)
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, slice or chopped
- 3 tsp turmeric
- 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 each cinnamon sticks, garnish
- In a medium pot, combine Elmhurst Unsweetened Cashew Milk, agave nectar, ginger, ground turmeric, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract. Whisk together and bring ingredients to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 3-5 minutes to reduce the mixture a bit; stirring occasionally.
- Using a mesh strainer, strain into desired serving glasses. Sprinkle with a little ground cinnamon on top or add a cinnamon stick.
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES
When you purchase 6 or more Elmhurst Milked varieties, shipping is free.