Fall Flavors Latte
While pumpkin leads the way for fall flavors, there are many others with the same simplistic and delicious warmth for the season. This Fall Flavors Latte embodies many of them.
When deciding how to create our Fall Flavors Latte we considered all the classic fall flavors.
These classic fall flavors include:
1. Apple. The apple is the leading fruit signifier for fall. From the pick-your-own farms to the Apple Pies and cider, apples (all colors and varieties) are abundant.
2. Chai. Chai is comprised of the various spices: cardamom, cinnamon, clove, ginger and allspice. Placing them together gives the sense of fall in a single sitting.
3. Cinnamon. Cinnamon is a staple warming and spicy fall flavor with unlimited benefits. It’s used in main dishes, beverages, and dessert.
4. Cloves. Cloves might be best known for their appearance in pumpkin pie spice, gingerbread baked goods, and holiday ham, but no matter which foods they are infused into, the common theme is typically fall.
5. Cranberry. Because cranberries reach their peak color and flavor in autumn, they are always added to fall menus, namely the Thanksgiving table.
6. Ginger. Ginger is another warming spice frequently added to food during fall. Besides acting as a great way to reduce an upset stomach and nausea, ginger is great for overall gut health .
7. Maple. There are many varieties of Maple trees, but the sap produced from them is one of fall’s most beloved sweeteners.
8. Pumpkin. And finally, no classic fall flavors list would be complete without including pumpkin. From pies to lattes and even doorstep decorations, pumpkins might be the simplest, most preferred fall flavor around.
The Fall Flavors Latte we created uses just six ingredients; four of which are classic fall staples and the other two right up there with them.
The latte base was created by using Elmhurst Milked Oats™. Each glass of the Elmhurst Milked Oats contains 20 grams of whole grain. That’s why it bears the Whole Grain Council stamp. For everything it does include, perhaps what makes it even better are all the things it does not include: gums or emulsifiers, dairy, carrageenan, gluten, or artificial flavors.
Enjoying the quiet calm on a cool, crisp fall morning has never been better than with a Fall Flavors Latte in hand.
- In a medium pot, combine Elmhurst Milked Oats and chai tea bags. Heat mixture for 3 to 5 minutes until the chai tea has steeped in the milk. Remove tea bags and whisk in pumpkin puree, maple syrup, nutmeg and vanilla extract. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 3-5 minutes to reduce the mixture slowly.
- Pour into your favorite mug and enjoy the taste of Fall!
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES