Creamy Vegan Mac and Cheese
- 6 cups Elmhurst Cashew Milk
- 3 cups Vegetable Stock
- 6 cups Dried Cavatappi or Pasta of Your Choice
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tsp Granulated Garlic
- 2 tsp Granulated Onion
- 2 tsp Ground Mustard
- 2 cups Vegan Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup Vegan Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Tabasco Sauce to taste
- Chopped Parsley to garnish
- Cook pasta al dente, according to package instructions. Typically about 6-8 minutes in boiling salted water. Drain, cool and set aside
- Blend together the Cashew Milk and vegetable stock and bring to a simmer.
- Slowly incorporate cheeses and whisk until blended together.
- Remove from heat and add in dry spices and nutritional yeast. Season with salt, pepper or Tabasco to taste.
- Transfer pasta to a bowl and fold in cheese sauce until completely covered.
- Place mac and cheese into serving dishes and top with additional cheese shreds and bake for 5 minutes at 350F or until cheese has melted.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.